Last updated on August 26, 2021
Season 1, Episode 5 of the Outspoken Oppa Podcast
The Greatest Foreign Policy Debacle in Modern History
Chaos in Afghanistan erupted as President Biden withdrew military forces leading to a forceful takeover by the Taliban. Today, August 17th, we will dive into one of the greatest foreign policy debacles in modern history. Good afternoon, I’m Ethan Kim, and this is the Outspoken Oppa.
- In mid-April, President Biden announced the immediate withdrawal of all American troops by September 11.
- On August 15th, the Taliban took over the capital of Kabul, effectively toppling Afghanistan’s government.
- Later, Afghan President Ghani fled the country right before Taliban leadership stormed the presidential palace.
- Simultaneously, thousands of Afghan citizens fled to Kabul International Airport to escape the Taliban.
- On August 16th, President Joe Biden addressed the nation after Afghanistan fell to the Taliban
Within this podcast episode, we dissect Biden’s address to the nation and evaluate his withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The Outspoken Oppa Podcast
This podcast discusses important and relevant topics through the lens of the youth. From politics and economics to sports and entertainment, this podcast does a deep dive into the facts, opinions, and personal analysis. If you like this show and want to support it, please give us a five-star review on Apple podcasts and listen to our other episodes wherever you hear your podcasts.
Anyone with previous experience in audio and sound editing or podcast hosting can apply to our podcast staff to help with future episodes.
The Outspoken Oppa podcast is an independent production by the Outspoken Oppa. This episode was hosted by Ethan Kim and edited by Ashley Olson.